Tradition means passing on the flame, not worshipping the ashes.
– Gustav Mahler
On 27th of February 2018, Sr.Mary Alice (Principal) conducted a Seminar for the teachers to refresh and rejuvenate them for the new academic session (2018-19).
She thanked the Lord for the past year and asked for his blessings in years to unfold.
A very well prepared power point presentation by her showcased the History of Notre Dame Schools all over the world. She highlighted the aims and objectives of Notre Dame Education – that is to train young people to have faith in God, sense of community, conscientisation towards justice and equality and academic values for better living.
She as a facilitator urged the staff to abide by and adhere to the following points as all embark towards the new session.
* Leading people to a God centered selfless life
* Helping students to develop God’s special gifts to thm as human beings.
* Assisting people to acquire the human competencies needed to live a meaningful and fruitful life in this world.
* Devoting themselves to ALL their students with genuine love and respect.
* Nurturing a spirit of caring for the Earth.
The above was a gentle reminder of responsibilities of every Notre Dame Teacher, which the staff very earnestly agreed to focus and work upon!