Parent Teacher Meeting was conducted on 17th July for the pre school children’s parents. The meeting started with a prayer song by the school choir. After welcoming the parents, Sister Reena, the Primary Headmistress gave a talk on the psychological growth and development of children of pre school age, and the ill effects of it if not monitored in the right direction.
Sister stressed on the crucial periods of various areas of learning the stimulation required for growth for each of those.
- For order – 2 to 4 years
- Emotional growth – 0 to 2 years
- Language – 0 to 6 years
- Maths/logic – 1 to 4 years
- Music – 3 to 10 years
These are scientific findings. Some of the other points stressed are :
- the need to have a happy atmosphere at home.
- need to have a good relationship between the parents, between the
parents and the child and to be role models for their children.
- need to have guidance, direction and discipline from early years on.
- the need to plan developmental activities for Children’s emotional and physical growth and development.
- need to respect the child, his/her views and see that the child is
taught to respect the elders and others.
- need to instill faith in God and love love of Go, also to have respect
for other religions.
- the need to have self-confidence in dealing with issues from a young
Finally it is essential that Children of this age have the three ‘A’s of happiness
- Appreciation and
- Accomplishment for proper life of happiness and well being.
Sister also dealt with how to guide their Children with teaching of letters and numbers Concepts.
Teachers Mrs.Florence, Mrs. Meena and Mrs. Shubha also gave suggestions and helpful hints to the parents. At the end of the meeting parents were allowed to meet their child’s class teachers.